Dialysis Update – June Laboratory Test Results

I had my monthly laboratory test for the month of June taken last week and only just now did I find the time to post it here. The past week had been quite busy for me, redesigning Dialysis Postings and my other blogs – Private Corner and Itlog de Arina, and my grandfather being rushed to the hospital due to uncontrolled Diabetes. But that’s all behind now and I’m here once again updating DP, posting my recent lab results, and trying to spew bits and pieces of information that I hope would be quite useful to my dear readers.

Enough with the chatter. My hemoglobin is down to 8.2 gm/dLAnemia is on the rampage again and there are numerous factors that might be causing it. It might be that I’m not having sufficient doses of EPO injections, or my body’s not responding well to my current EPO therapy. Either way, I should resolve the issue immediately or risk the possibility of my hemoglobin’s further decline and the need for blood transfusion.

blood-sample

My creatinine level’s a bit high at 14 mg/dL. I might be the culprit on this one because I’ve been consuming more protein than I’m allowed recently, especially red meats. The solution – stricter protein intake, less or no red meat, and back to eating fish more often. The others – Phosphorus, Calcium, Potassium, Sodium, etc. – are fairly under acceptable levels.

I also had my Hepatitis Profile taken together with my monthly laboratory. Both the test for the virus – HBsAg and HCV – turned non-reactive, meaning I don’t have Hepatitis. The only sad outcome is that the test for my antibody against the virus – Anti-HBs – also turned out non-reactive, meaning my body’s still not producing enough antibody to have me protected.

To sum it up, I’m still doing fairly well with my lab results and treatment. Although there are certain adjustments I have to make and try to implement them as soon as I am able. But it’s all good and I’m still in business with the my battle against kidney failure.

image credit – positivenation.co.uk / webMD

Post Author: jtsantos

a blogger and a freelance graphics artist undergoing dialysis treatment since 2003. An enthusiastic person by nature, loves blogging, cooking, research, tinkering around, and gunpla scale modelling

13 thoughts on “Dialysis Update – June Laboratory Test Results

• CNA Nurse

(April 1, 2011 - 12:31 am)

Certainly enjoyed the post and also the great picture you found.
    CNA Nurse´s last blog post ..Top Certified Nursing Assistant Schools

• Gabi

(March 29, 2011 - 8:24 pm)

What about Vitamin D3? It is more effective at preventing flu than the vaccine and many Americans are deficient in it. Get a good D3 supplement and maybe skip the vaccine…

Thanks Julius for sharing,
    Gabi´s last blog post ..Japan’s Earthquake Evacuees Eat Rice Balls and Bread to Avoid Contracting the Flu

• Olivia Stewart

(March 14, 2011 - 9:35 am)

Hi there.. Thank you for sharing this informative contents that i can used or apply in my daily life.. I am looking forward to see more contents like this 🙂

If you have time please visit this site:
    Kidney Disease Treatment

• Jones Allen

(March 14, 2011 - 8:00 am)

If you have time please visit this site:
    Kidney Disease Treatment

• Lindsay Aristo

(March 11, 2011 - 10:46 am)

If you have time please visit this site:
    Kidney Disease Treatment
    Lindsay Aristo´s last blog post ..Kidney Disease Treatment by Natural Means

• Jayson Harris

(February 2, 2011 - 12:22 pm)

Hi .. Thank you for sharing this .. It is informative .. and Interesting ..

More Power !!
    and GodBless us ..

• liposculpture guide

(January 26, 2011 - 7:11 pm)

H1N1 vaccinations are available to anyone six months of age or older. Influenza or ‘flu can be a serious illness.

• Leny Reyes

(January 25, 2011 - 4:19 pm)

Hi .. Thank you for Sharing Your thoughts ..
    It is interesting and informative ..

More Power!!

• Anaemia

(December 13, 2010 - 7:11 pm)

Thank you so much for this very informative article and for the suggestion .

• Diane Wiseman

(October 27, 2010 - 9:57 am)

Thank you so much for this very informative article. My dad’s kidneys are failing and this has explained to me what type of injections his hematologist has suggested. I wish you well, Julius!

• chad - kidney disease diet info

(July 31, 2010 - 1:28 am)

it’s really amazing to see people who are fighting such a terrible disease to be so positive and optimistic about their future. Keep up the great attitude and you will prevail from this.
    chad – kidney disease diet info´s last blog post ..Veteran Nurse Reveals Secret Kidney Diet That Reverses Kidney Disease

• Julius Santos

(July 31, 2010 - 8:44 am)

Thanks Chad for dropping by. I’ve always been an optimist and the life-changing disease that is Kidney Failure never changed that. I always tend to look into the bright side of life and it helped a lot to overcome depression that comes with the illness.